Thursday, June 5, 2008

Morning Rush and other ramblings


In the past I was always rushing around in the morning...usually trying to get ready for work. I'd awake with thoughts of what had to be done that day..."Do I need to order supplies? Are my reports done? Don't forget to call..." Not surprisingly I would forget to start my day with prayer and would find that it would be chaotic and unfocused, and I'd struggle to accomplish my tasks.

Thankfully I have seen the errors of my ways and recently (within the last 3-4 weeks) I have purpose-fully gone to bed early, spent quiet time with the Lord, and then when I awake (earlier these days) I again have my quiet time.

I have found this re-arrangement of my schedule has enabled me to attend daily Mass now. And I am so grateful! I feel as if being able to receive Christ each day has strengthened me and helped me to grow as a woman of faith.

I have soooooooooo far to go on this journey...but I thank the Lord for being a lamp unto my feet.

As for this week...

Monday I had a special visit! After mass I headed to work (early) & sat in the back office relaxing & cruising the web until it was almost opening time.

The store manager came in & brought his 8 yr old twin daughters with him. They were going to hang out with Dad for a little bit while Mom did some shopping. Well, as it ended up, he needed to go with his wife to an appointment, if that was ok with me, and I said yes - then suggested he leave the two girls with me so that they wouldn't be a distraction to him & his wife when they went to their appointment.

Well, I must say, I had an absolutely delightful time! I almost forgot how much I love being around kids & interacting with them. I had so much fun - and they seemed to have fun too.

Once Dad & Mom came back I made it a point to tell them I'm available to babysit, as I live two blocks from them.

I'm so glad that the Lord gave me time with those two little blessings that day...it really helped me to relax & look at things a little differently.

The rest of the day went very well and I accomplished a lot (re-organized all the office files & gave the manager some additional training).

Tuesday...I had to travel to another store to cover (was the regular persons day off) - 1 hr 15 mins one way! Eeeeek! Can we say "that's a lot of gas"? I'm fortunate my boss will be reimbursing me for my travel. I didn't feel like a got a lot accomplished on Tuesday - mostly spent the day dealing with little problems that crept up.

Yesterday, Wednesday, I started training two new employees. They are actually to high school graduates that I know from my volunteer work with the local high school football team. I had a lot of fun training them and the day sped by! I always love that!

Today they both surprised me by remembering many things we covered from yesterday -- yes people, it's not easy to sell cell phones - you actually have to learn many things. :)

We had another good day and tomorrow, hopefully, I can finish up their training.

One thing I'm praying about for tomorrow is for the Lord to give my patience, understanding, and wisdom as I will be working with one of our salespeople who I haven't been able to spend much time with in the last two months, and unfortunately he's been making a lot of mistakes - some costly ones too. I've had a hard time dealing with him in the past. He would always avoid coming to me (because usually I turned down his requests) and would go instead to the store owner. He also would ignore any tasks I'd assign him and not respond to emails.

Needless to say it's been a frustrating couple of months, as my boss thinks this employee is AWESOME, and I have to spend time explaining to my boss that he isn't and we need to start holding him accountable for not following procedures. Well....as I said, I need to pray for patience, understanding & wisdom.

I have noticed that lately, since going to daily mass & spending much more time in prayer, the Lord has helped me approach the situation better and it is improving. I'm trying to take the approach of training the employee better (as he didn't get much) and reviewing the policies with him so he fully understands his responsibilities & expectations. I do hope this will improve his work habits.

Well, for now, I'm winding down for the day, blogging this...then I plan on doing some reading (Stephen Ray's book, Upon This Rock -- all I can say is "WOW"), then some quiet time for prayer...then nighty night! lol

I really enjoy my evenings much more now that I'm in the habit of doing a little studying and then reading God's word, then praying before bed. So much better than watching the TV these days. I can't even remember the last time I turned on my TV...must be about a week or so...

Which leads me to believe I really don't need that special converter box from the government because I hardly watch TV anyways...oooooo -- I just saved myself some $$$! This HAS been a good day! LOL

Time for me to take my little blessing out for her evening "break", lest she take 'one' in the house, if you know what I mean. :))

Take care all...Thanks for stopping by to read my ramblings! I'll say a prayer for you too :)

May the good Lord bless you & keep you, and make His face shine upon you!

Blessings & Peace to you & yours!

Personal Prayer: Thank you for the blessings of this day, for your love, and for taking pity on me, a sinner, and coming after me, your little lost sheep. I desire to love you more each & every day. Make me less like this world and more like you. Lord, help me today to prioritize. By your Holy Spirit, guide me and lead me, in all that I do, say, and think. Remind me Lord that I can do all things through you, who gives me strength. Lord, when I start to get frazzled & caught up in the busyness of this day, please quiet my soul, and help me seek you. Thank you Lord for hearing & answering my prayer. Amen.

<><

No comments: