Thursday, June 19, 2008

Good Friends

This morning I'm just grateful that the Lord has given me such wonderful friends, in particular my best friend, S.

I was really hurting from a migraine Tuesday night and tried to reach S to take me to the ER. However she was out with her kids & got home late.

So I laid in bed, after taking massive quantities of ibuprofen throughout the evening and just couldn't get rid of the migraine. I've had them for over 20 yrs - let me tell you, they don't get any 'easier' to handle.

Around 2 am I finally decided to call her again - by this time I was just sobbing from the pain. I tried her home number twice but kept getting the answering machine. After a few minutes I thought to call her cell number (she later told me that the kids misplaced the handset for the phone she keeps in her room, and she was already in bed when she thought she better at least get her cell phone "just in case"). Luckily she answered.

I could barely talk at this point - it was the worse migraine I've ever had - bless her that she came out to get me & drove me into the ER about 25 minutes away.

She kept praying for me in the car -- boy if you ever need prayer - She is the one to go to! Prayer Warrior! I know that's an evangelical term - but she's wonderful - and it really helped me calm down.

I had to wait for a bit at the ER - but not too long. Thank the Lord! After two injections (one for pain, one for nausea) they had me wait about 20 minutes then released me.

I'm so grateful for having a friend like that. I'm so thankful to the Lord for bringing us together. I've grown so close to the family over the 10 yrs I've known them - I even work for her husband now (for the past few years) and I'm like an aunt to the kids. Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow! For they truly are a blessing to me - and not just when it's an emergency - but at all times.

I pray that each & everyone of you will have a friend like these - who love you regardless of your faults, unconditionally, and are Jesus 'with skin on'! Sometimes we all need that!

God Bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

20 years is a long time to suffer having migraine headaches. Read these books. Heal Your Headache by David Buchholz and 7 Steps To A Healthy Brain by Paul Winner.

Take the general 7 day meal planner in the 7 Steps book and try it for a few weeks. Also, look closely at the supplements section. I now supplement my diet and feel so much better all of the time.

Hope this helps you.