Saturday, June 28, 2008

Celebration!

I had another lovely visit with Sister D out at the convent nearby. She's such a wonderful person. I'm excited that she invited me to this coming Tuesdays anniversary celebration at the Motherhouse. 107 yrs I believe she said. Many sisters are coming from all over the country to join in the festivities and they are having a special Mass at 10:30am followed by a dinner (lunch).

I plan on taking that day off - or at least 1/2 the day. So I'm hoping to attend. I just have to make sure my boss knows. He is use to me working 6 days a week, although he doesn't 'require' me too. But now, that I've cut back to a regular work week, he's been having to adjust. LOL He is super good about it, just throws him a little when I say, "oh, I won't be in that day, it's my day off"....he's not use to hearing "it's my day off" from me. Poor guy! lol

I'm really looking forward to the day. I'm also looking forward to the Come & See they are having August 1-3. I have already scheduled myself off for that - just told my boss I will be at a retreat. I'm not ready to tell him yet that I'm looking into this change in my vocation. Not sure how he'll react.

For now I'm finding that this time of prayer & reflection and deepening of my understanding of Church teaching has been so vital to my daily life. I really can tell the days that I've been more neglectful of my prayers & reading. Especially when I can't make daily mass - that's the worse!

Father, thank you so much for putting me in touch with supportive people who love you and serve you and who are helping me love you more. Thank you for my work that you have provided for me in order to meet my needs. Thank you for guiding me to an active church family who loves you deeply and seeks you daily....thank you for access to daily mass, weekly Eucharistic adoration, confession, and resources to help me draw closer to you. Father you have blessed me in so many ways, and I pray that I will come to recognize all your blessings each & every moment of my life and that I will not take you or them for granted. I ask for your continued guidance while I walk this path, through Jesus Christ, your Son, our beloved Lord. Amen.

No comments: