Monday, June 16, 2008

Busy Busy Busy

Well...it's been awhile since I wrote. The past several days have been very busy but oh so much fun! :)

Friday: Went to visit a local convent & meet with the vocation director. It was great! Meet a few of the older sisters and chatted with one for a bit. She was a dear! I can't wait to go back and visit. The Voc. Dir. gave me some materials to start going through and said she'd help me. She also encouraged me to meet with other groups so I can see the differences between them. I'm so thankful that she took that time to help me out.

After my meeting with her (3 hrs total to tour & visit) I went over to my church to help set up the silent auction for the church picnic. Met some very nice ladies & had a good time.

Saturday: Helped out a bit at the church picnic some more - mostly at the pork dinner - that was fun! Met even more people. Everyone was so nice in welcoming me to the parish. Although they did tease me & said if I didn't do a good job serving they would tell Father K to hold up my 'application'. LOL

Sunday: Was running late for 10am Mass so I went to another parish for their 10:30am Mass. It was nice. I then went over & ate lunch at the picnic then volunteered for awhile at the concession stand. Then I took a break, ate a little bit, then went to the church for some quiet time. I was there a little over an hour when I realized that I missed the deadline for the silent auction. So I hurried over to help out there like I had promised. I left around 6:45pm. Went home to my dog, Sasha, and had a nice quiet evening. I really enjoyed the whole day.

As for today - it's almost time to get to start work! I need to do a write-up for that employee we are having difficulty with. Please pray for me, I'm not looking forward to this afternoon. Unfortunately I woke with a migraine and I don't feel well at all. So I hope most of my day can be a quiet one.

Peace Everyone! Have a lovely day!

No comments: